Saturday, March 26, 2011

Three Maybelline Spring Swatches

Today I have the new Spring Maybelline polishes to share. I found these while browsing around Walgreens and thought they would look gorgeous. I was a little disappointed after swatching them because they're not that amazing in my opinion.. Have a look:


Sunlight is a golden yellow pearl shimmer. This was 3 coats. I think it was the only one I liked of the rest.


Lilac Luster is a lilac pearl shimmer. 3 coats. Nice and elegant but doesn't float my boat.


Blue Brilliance is a blue pearl shimmer with flashes of pink. 3 coats. This looked gorgeous on the display and in the bottle but on the nails it just didn't "pop" like I thought it would.

Overall this collection was eh to me. I only chose these three basically because these three caught my eyes, I don't really know what else is in the collection, don't quite remember it. It was a little struggle to apply them as well, I don't know if it's because of the brush or just the formula. Sunlight was a bit streaky, as you can still see some visible brush strokes.

Well that's all I have for today! Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe with the right base they might really pop? I could definitely see blue brilliance and sunlight looking amazing over another polish. If you try it out let me know because I've been eying blue brilliance all week at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunlight is a strange strange colour!

    ReplyDelete