Friday, September 16, 2011

American Apparel: Two swatches

A short post for today! I have two American Apparel polishes to share with you guys today. Both of them are green-ish tones. No surprise there! Let's take a look.


Army Jacket is a light pale army green creme. 2 coats


Mac Arthur Park is a murky yellow green creme. 2 coats. This is quite an interesting yellow green. I can't quite explain it, it's a bit mossy, kind of looks dirty. You get the picture.

The applications for these were ok. I had a little problem with Mac Arthur Park, it was a bit thick to work with. Other than that I never really have issues with American Apparel polishes. However, I think these may be the last American Apparel polishes I'll be purchasing. Nothing against the polishes, just something about the company I don't like (and please don't bash me as this is entirely MY opinion). Although, I know a few people who agrees with me.

Well, that's all I have for today!

6 comments:

  1. Both fab colours, Army Jacket looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't bought any of their polishes because I'm not a fan of the company. I feel like there is enough pretty polish in the world that I don't have to support a brand that I don't feel good about. We all have to decide where to draw the line for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Army Jacket. I think it's such a pretty color for fall. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to get the one from American Apparel. There are lots of dupes out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of the company, either. I did feel weird buying some clothes and polish from AA, but since I don't live near a store, it's not like I've given them that much money. I have a friend who worked for AA until recently. She's nice, so I can't hate on all the employees, particularly if they have no say in how the company's run. Props to AA for manufacturing here in the US, but boo to them on so many other issues. I really hope people don't bash you for your opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the second color for some reason! It looks different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both :D I miss new york.. sorry I just ramble lol

    Sussi

    ReplyDelete