Friday, October 7, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Get This Party Started Set Swatches & Review

Today I finally have the set from Deborah Lippmann called Get This Party Started. I know this set came out like months ago, but I finally got the chance to do some swatches on it. This set contains three polishes, one is the popular glitter polish Happy Birthday, along with one pink with multicolored glitters, and a black with multicolored glitters. Let's take a look.


Happy Birthday is obviously should be worn as a top coat since it's not full coverage. This was three coats. I've read that there are differences between the new Happy Birthday and the old Happy Birthday. The only big difference is that the old Happy Birthday has tiny square multicolored glitters and the new ones have tiny round multicolored glitters. I know you can barely tell if you just take a glance.


Candy Shop is a sheer bubble gum pink creme packed with Happy Birthday glitters. 3 coats. I love the finish of this. I love how the glitters look like its stuck inside the polish trying to escape. I've seen a lot of ladies franken this polish because well it's pretty easy and simple. You actually don't even have to franken it. You can easily apply a pink base coat and a coat of multicolored glitters and apply two coats of sheer pink over it. The finish is quite similar.


Forget You (I see you driving around town with the guy I love and I'm like...forget youuuu) anyways Forget You is a sheer black creme with Happy Birthday glitters. 3 coats. This one was a so-so for me. Don't love it but don't hate it as well. This one looks like Happy Birthday is applied OVER a black creme, which makes it not so special compared to the Candy Shop.

The formula for these were a little hard to work with since we are dealing with so many glitters. It's hard to get the glitters to stay put, especially near the edges. I hate having to file down my nails because the glitters are perked out and cutting me. They were a little thick, again that's because we're dealing with so much glitters.

Overall, I was satisfied with this set. I just wished they included another color mixed with Happy Birthday instead of putting a bottle of Happy Birthday to the set. Like maybe a green one, just saying! Other than that, I have no complaints!

This set is still available at nordstrom.com for $42.

Did you buy this set? What do you think of it?

4 comments:

  1. I like pink one in the middle the most :) It is gorgeus :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd only get Happy Birthday so I could layer it over whatever I wanted, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will def take Candy Shop, the rest are not really worth it

    ReplyDelete