Monday, January 21, 2013

OPI Mariah Carey Collection Swatches & Review

Today I have OPI Mariah Carey Collection to share with you! This collection consists of 3 colors and one glitter and four liquid sand finish polishes. The liquid sand is a matte gritty glitter finish, very interesting! Take a look at the collection.

Anti-Bleak is a plum purple creme. 2 coats. This polish really depends on lighting, here it looks like a plum purple but at other lighting it looks more reddish purple.

Pink Yet Lavender is a mix of light pink hex glitters, some lilac and holo glitters in clear base. Here I did one coat over anti-bleak and I really like the two together!

Sprung is a copper shimmer. 2 coats. This one was a little bit sheer, I should've done three coats for this one, the color is quite stunning depending on your lighting.

A Butterfly Moment is a pinkish peach with golden shimmers. 2 coats. Oh this is a beautiful elegant color. I love how simple yet gorgeous it looks on my nails. 

 The Impossible is a reddish pink jelly with hex glitters. 2 coats. I didn't notice until I started taking pictures that there were star glitters in there as well! Very interesting polish. The liquid sand as you can see is a very textured polish. Watching it dry to this gritty matte finish was the most interesting part.

Get Your Number is a blue jelly with holo hex glitters. 2 coats. This one didn't dry as gritty as the other three but it still had a semi-matte look to it.

Can't Let Go is a purple glitter. 2 coats. This is a very purple...purple lol I really like this one. The glitters look like a mix of silver specks in them and some purple hex glitters as well.

Stay the Night is a black base with pinkish glitters. 2 coats. This could've used a third coat, I didn't realize how sheer it was until I started taking pictures of it. This is by far the best color our of the whole liquid sand collection! The pink glitters stands out so much on the black base. 

I also put a top coat on each of the liquid sand polishes.

The Impossible with top coat. Oh hey look there's the stars!

Get Your Number with top coat

Can't Let Go with top coat.

 Stay the Night with top coat

The formula for these were excellent. They applied smoothly with no problems at all. The liquid sand were fun to play with. Watching it dry into the matte finish is quite interesting. My favorite from this collection is A Butterfly Moment and Stay the Night. Those two are a must have from this collection.

Which do you like? And what do you think of the liquid sand finish?

Disclaimer: Product samples provided by the company/PR for my unbiased consideration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment